Client leverages Consero’s Strategic CFO Services to get the finance function in order before they could pursue acquisitions.
PE-backed enterprise software company was looking at acquisition opportunities. The exec team knew a well managed financial function would contribute to availability of growth capital on attractive terms. They wanted a modern alternative to the traditional in-house solution. Their immediate focus was to complete an audit and get F&A to a place where it could confidently integrate acquisitions. Shortly after onboarding with Consero, client experienced a CFO departure.
- CEO needed a senior finance leader to support potential capital raise, evaluate acquisition targets and perform ad hoc research projects
- Needed an effective finance function to better integrate acquisition candidates
- High priority concern was cash management and vendor spend
- Not closing the books in a timely manner
- Needed budget and forecast to help guide the business and actionable KPI’s to operate the business effectively
- Needed accurate and timely financial data to be effectively communicated to the board
- Acquisitions would add complexity to the business
Consero’s Finance as a Service Solution
- Quickly stepped in with our seasoned and strategic CFO to manage cash conversion cycle, oversee financial planning, and analyze the financial strengths/weaknesses to propose corrective actions.
- Consero CFO became valued partner to client’s CEO and focused on steering the business by defining and evaluating key metrics while delivering timely month-end close along with audit-ready reporting.
- Led process of negotiation & terms of a spin off.
- Represented client at board meetings and presented financial information with review of the organization’s financial performance, goals and strategic direction of the business.
- Strategic CFO Guidance: On-demand CFO navigated the business while recognizing risks and opportunities to drive improved profitability and achieve growth objectives.
- Increased CEO Capacity: Consero CFO offered critical evaluation of reporting and interfaced with management team to drive results. CEO could focus more time on strategically impactful projects.
- Improved Decision Making: Increased discipline in the finance function helped to manage cash and vendor spend, get accurate and timely financial information along with critical KPI’s used to make recommendations and drive intelligent business decisions. Board Representation: Consero effectively communicated the financial results to the board with knowledge and insight.